Tuesday 11 December 2012

Loose Project Evaluation


Open publication - Free publishing - More loose

Mini end of project self evaluation

I feel that in this project for a start I learned so much. Screen printing is a major factor especially when it come to printing on fabrics apposed to paper, I have gotten an intimate knowledge of the process and its variables. As well as screen print talking to other creative photographers and professional printers has given me a greater knowledge of the professional world outside the studio. I feel that my promotional skills has also been tested getting to grips with social media platforms and keeping promotion on a page going.

Software wise I feel that I have gotten better one illustrator, photoshop and indesign.

Photography, I have gained a lot of confidence within my own set of photography skills although i have learnt that using a professional photographer for something as bit as this would make a project far less stressful but also give me less control on the images I use.

I also feel that I have started improving my skills as a director and organising a team of people in the terms of photography shoots and organising publications.

Editorial - My image heavy layout skills have gotten much better especially producing publications and designing for a purpose.

I have found a weakness of mine is branding but this is only when compared to matt, I feel that I can improve this within my next projects but working as a collaborative partnership I learnt a lot from matt and his work ethic with logo design.

A weakness for this brief has been time management, although everything got done this brief's printing side was so big it really influenced the rest of my projects and resulted in a lot of late nights.

If I had more time I would of extended this brief, printed far more of my photographic Tshirts and produced a full collatoral range for this project on the lines of stock books, letter heads ect. 

No comments:

Post a Comment