Monday 23 May 2011

type and grid with Lorenzo


This is the article i mainly worked on, it had a few images to work with and about 600 words as well, its a pretty low end magazine.

The problem with my layouts were i didnt use different weightings of black which lorenzo pointed out would help make different parts of the article pop instead in my case all of the layouts felt like they kind of moulded into one and sat back on the page.

You can clearly see on the bottom right M which had been coloured in around it, made it instantly pop out on the page and set it apart from all my other layouts.




The grid i used to help keep all my columns in some form of order, it helped keep everything looking a bit more organised and neat. The grid also helped me as a reference how big to layout my columns. 

No comments:

Post a Comment