Wednesday 25 May 2011

Speaking from experience Mailshot

The idea i had for producing something to distribute my books was based around how first year would be able to receive it, i decided the most logical approach would be to design for the pigeon holes all first years have. I had a few different ideas of making a box with them in but i decided against it and produced a more simple mailshot, this could be done easy and reproduced.


I decided to go against making the box because it was far to over complicated and over kill for 3 little books, i wanted to produce something more simple for the first years to just pick up out of their pigeon holes.


This is another version of a mailshot which i would put a lid over the bottom cover, but again i decided against this as it made it difficult to produce the front of it when i had to keep in mind half of it would be covered by a lid, and no matter how accurately i could design it, chances were it would never line up properly making my design look a bit weird.



two rough sketches from my scetch book before going onto illustrator, after being a bit stuck with my other over complicated design i started to try and think as simple as possible.

This idea i started building after my sketches in my sketch book but i soon realised that the lid would ruin my front design and no matter how accurate i make it when it gets folded it will be out a few millimeters so i decided to simplify my design even more.

new shaped... mailshots. These were much simpler and worked better as a set of 3, instead of trying to work out a compromised colour for just 1 mailshot.


Simple and effective.




Matt wishing he was an exited first year receiving his mailshot... 


No comments:

Post a Comment