Sunday 18 November 2012

Look book Planning & a couple of tester photos


Sites
Legal Wall - Light is perfect during sun set
Back of staples - Light perfect during morning hours
Streets around hydepark - perfect light during morning and evening

The concept I had for photographing the loose look book was to try and make it look as natural as possible and emphasise the self-made title. I fully knew that I would be limited to shots around leeds or to go out to some woods as I did not have some special location booked to get around this I would focus my photography on using the Aperture setting this allowed me to take heavily cropped shots and blur the background really well, allowing me to produce good photo's with a focus on the product and not the location.

50mm lens
The 50mm would help me achive this the fixed lens has a drop down setting of 1.8f compared to a normal 55mm lense which can only drop down to about 3.5f and even then its incredibly limited aperture wise. The 50mm would give me a bit of drop out but shooting in RAW would counterpart this loss in quality. One major advantage of having a low aperture is the amount of light being let into the lens, when shot right this can give you a beautiful light flushed image, something which is currently really popular in photography, this would help make my photo's liked over social networking as well as look good in my look book. 

Models
Using some of my friends as models has its benefits, if it all goes wrong I dont look like an idiot but at the same time I have selected people I know photograph well the only problem being is keeping them looking proffesional. This I knew would be an issue but i prepared for this by setting my aim to take photos outlining the clothes as the focal point and not the people. This is fairly easibly done with a 50mm.

Light
best time slots for natural light at the right angle at this time of the year is 2 hours either side of sunset and sunrise, this is basically my window for shooting.

Weather
has to be good, the photoshoot will entirely depend on the light as this is the main advantage I have as a amateur photographer. 




Example Image of background blur, the focal point is incredibly crisp while everything else has a little haze around it. 


Example of catching the light right and flushing image. 

No comments:

Post a Comment