Sunday 9 December 2012

Laser Cut Fail

I decided that after just cutting full through my designs I was getting way too much letter drop out making the cover fairly illegible as a result, the laser cutter allowed a raster setting which cut's out my design by just rastering the first 0.2mm. This was probably one of the coolest things ive seen a laser do this year, seeing my design basically being embossed into card line by line. 
The problem was the card was getting too hot and setting on fire in some area's burning the design but if it wasn't for this it would pretty much off embossed it. 

Burning at the bottom and track marks on the side.


Black on black was far too dark to even really see that well face on. 

burn marks bottom right. 

Did not think this bottom right corner layer through very well. I knew it would happen but my layout didnt allow for this to change, tried some variations which avoided this but ended up looking silly. 

From a distance it looks fairly alright but I just dont like the letters showing through  just feels badly considered as a piece of design.

No comments:

Post a Comment