Wednesday 12 December 2012

Final Boards Aperture


Open publication - Free publishing - More aperture

Mini end of project self evaluation.

This brief has been one of my favourite of this module, It gave me content I loved working with, articles I could read again and processes I could spend all day on.

Editorial - I felt like layout skills in the terms of Image and Type have been pushed further then they ever have before especially concepts and idea's, it felt like my layout had a clear plan behind it and it and every design decision was backed up appropriately.

I feel that my approach to producing publications have changed a lot especailly as I feel much more informed about binding and stock this has allowed me to understand my content and steps to follow to present that content appropriately.

Binding/Stock - Major improvement and my understanding of digital print to stock has also improved. I understand the limitations of colour and stock when related to page numbers and how this can influence the production of a publication.

A strength in this project has definitely been my editorial work and layout, I will futher this within my final major project. I have also found a much more efficient way of sourcing material and improving my work efficiency.

A weakness I found was not having much of a knowledge about producing books but after this project and the extensive research undertaken I feel confident for future projects

If I had more time I would extend this brief and produce invitations, gallery signage and web/digital formats for my publication and promotion. 

No comments:

Post a Comment