Monday 26 November 2012

Lookbook Development


Open publication - Free publishing - More lookbook

My work flow for image driven editorial usually starts with a few scribbles followed by shortlisting all the images, followed by breaking up all the images I have shortlisted into relevant sections.

I will then get my grids, guides and page navigation's up and then utilise indesign to start mocking up layouts. Doing this allows me to do a ton of pages then export it as a PDF, stand back and browse through what I have done. This is good as when i go through all my pages I can instantly see what doesnt work with the flow and what does, this then results in me going back rearranging the pages which work and throwing out and rethinking the pages that dont work.

This mock up is broken up in 3 sections:

Autumn Winter
Products
Self made.

After looking through this I basically decided to scrap the products section as it felt like a really random change to the first section especially in a photographic way. This section was suppose to illustrate the products with objects relating to the clothes but I ended up running out of time and not doing it well. These photos were then used for all digital promotion and purposes of showing the clothes.

Self made section, I did this in colour then in black and white, I much prefered the black and white as it felt more tradition and allowed the images to fit together a bit better especially as they were shot over a few days with different amounts of light. 

No comments:

Post a Comment