Thursday 24 May 2012

Web Pages





The Website.

For a start you will probably notice that the colour is slightly different to that of the posters colour scheme this is because using RGB cyan popped much better on the black then the other dull colours, especially for screen as clarity is incredibly important for web. 

The layout matches that of my poster, a bit modernist with my own twist on it. Clarity is everything. One problem I did find is that because my website definitely does not look like a traditional website it brings down the user friendliness of it but this is something I am willing to experiment with while at university. Another problem I could not seem to get round is the fact that It looks very flat, I put it into photoshop and added drop shadows and so on but this just kind of ruined the design style I was going for so I abandoned it. The colour scheme I had chosen definitely limited me a lot as using tones on a black background did not come out well or clear. One other problem I had was balancing the navigation bar with the logo, they just did not fit very well at all no matter how hard I tried...

Overall feelings towards the website is that I like it, it stands out from its competitors, its different, clear and readable.




No comments:

Post a Comment