Wednesday 16 May 2012

Typefaces


Univers is my body and display text, its clear, modern, sans serif, looks like helvetica (but much less used...), it also reads well in body text as well as headings. This typeface sits really really well on a grid, everything lines up and balances out the white space like it should really so working with a lot of body text on a modular grid, this is a good typeface to use. More importantly most typefaces used within the market im designing for are kind of helvetica based sans serif's so this fits in well.  


New alphabet, along with having something incredibly legible I found it fit to have something incredibly ineligible. This typeface is purely being used for display purposes for the logo, I had to edit it a fair bit to get it to be more legible but overall as far as aesthetics go I love this typeface. This typeface is a Wim Crouwel typeface produced for new technologies (the cathoraytube if im correct mind my spelling). Crouwel stated that it should never be used in a legible way which makes a lot of sense so another reason why I reworked it. Another reason for using this is that this typeface emerged due to changing and advancing technologies and I tried to apply this theory to my project as Cable had some of biggest up coming names performing at their club and some ground breaking electronica music in the london underground scene. 

No comments:

Post a Comment