Tuesday 22 May 2012

Final Posters

1.

2.

3.


Poster 

Satin Stock on a A3 scale or trimmed A3.

1 & 2 

These two posters were sort of my starting point when it came to formats and layout, I wanted to test out a landscape design as well as a portrait which would be used more widely due to the nature of where these posters get displayed. I also wanted to get a contrast in colour. 

1

This was actually my second poster, I find it much easier designing to a landscape format but I can easily translate my design to a portrait formart. The Smoke was photographed against a black background which made editing very very easy. By inverting the image it gave me a white stock and a vibrant smoke to edit with colour. 

The image in the poster conotes a fluid/free design which to an extent discribes visually the type of music put on at Cable, its also bloody eye catching. Within the industry a lot of the imagery used is irrelevant but eye catching to draw the audience in to the clock the text and headings. 

Yet again I have put a hierarchy system in place which will let you look at the image first, Club name and date (month/year) second then if your still interested specific dates and line ups then lastly the admissions information. 

Reason behind trimming this A3 down was that I could fit it on narrow walls/lamp post type place/inside the club where its pushed for space. It also fit really well after trimming the poster.

2

I did a landscape to keep in my web and screen application, because its always handy to have a format which compliments a computer screen or billboard type format. One thing I really like about this design is that after editing the image so it wouldn't hit the boarders of my poster I was able to balance it on the Grid to give an idea of spacial and dimensional awareness (it doesn't look like its just sitting flat on the page), this is one plus point of using modular grids. 

3

This was my 3rd and final poster like I've stated previously on my blog, all the rules for my layout were pretty clear at this point and it was a case of apply it and balancing up the negative space around my content. This kind of shows my system works for the design I set out.

Style

The current market dictates the design and style of posters within this industry, but after looking at competitors like ministry of sound and fabric, big names who have simular clubs just more successful I took from their designs a bit of inspiration that you dont have to collage a overwhelming commercial poster to get people interested because your audience already are they just need to be informed better.

I kind of designed in a modernist style with a strong sans serif but at the same time I added my own style of photography, colour and layout to it a bit making it very not modernist, but the inspiration from that was clarity, modern, sans serif and conveying a message Clearly. Design which gets me excited basically. I tried to put as little in as possible which was completely irrelevant and focused on eye catching imagery, type and structure, graphic elements to help readability.  





No comments:

Post a Comment