Saturday 19 November 2011

Image photoshop Editing

The images i was using was shot in RAW settings so they were rather on the large side of things, this allowed me a lot of space to play around and edit.

1. First i put them all to black and white to allow a single colour overlay (the series of colours for my packaging).

2. I cropped the specific parts of the photos i wanted to use keeping in mind that this section had to communicate the message i was trying to send as best the image could.

3. I put a gradient across them to break up the image a bit and to make it look slightly better.

4. I then experimented with spot colour overlays, producing a nice duotone image with the black and spot colour overlay. 





Gradients

When selecting my colour overlay i made VERY sure that it was in the CMYK spectrum of colours so that i would get pretty much what was on screen printed out (hopefully). 

Making sure they work within a series.



No comments:

Post a Comment