Friday 11 February 2011

Swatch booklet

I had the idea to create a little swatch book you could look at in store so you could choose between the range of colours available. I based my design around the statistics i collected, I basically put in the most relevant pantone from the 100 i found, the most common ones.



I created the document in illustrator then i had to put it into photoshop to colour match the pantone swatches. I also added some of the statistical data on the colours and labeled the pantone on the swatches so when you do choose a hair colour you will get the exact one you choose. 


                                        

This is the little mock up swatch booklet i made out of cheap stock and a drawing pin, i needed to go and find an alternative way to bind this booklet.


Some initial ideas for the swatch book, i wanted to keep it as simple as possible so there wasn't a lot of type or image confusing the colours. 


I really liked the final swatch book i made, it looked really well laid out but the one problem i found when i printed it out properly is the matt doesn't allow the booklet to flick through very well and to improve this i definitely need to print it on a different type of stock.

   

No comments:

Post a Comment