Tuesday 16 November 2010

No News is Good News Post Card Final idea

After experimenting with different types of folding and deciding on my strongest concepts i started to combine the two to hopefully get a successful post card.



I finally got set on using my idea of focusing on the parents as my audience, where you would have to open the post card by splitting the bond with the parent and the child. Inside the post card would be Facts card which highlight the dangers and statistics of underage drinking, there would also be a card with advice for the parents and what steps they can undertake to help stop their child becoming a statistic. Finally i decided to add a Card which refers the parents to the drinkaware website which has additional advice for them to follow.

During the making of the post card i ran into a few obstacles mainly to do with the use of colour, so i made a set of different colour scheme cards and asked some of my flatmates and family to choose which colours represent the message im trying to send the best.

I decided on using white stock with the black background and blue figures for my envelope. Ideally i would of liked to make the figures pink and blue with white writing against the black background but the brief limited me to stock +2 colours. The advice cards will be white stock with blue background and blocks of black. 



These were some of the other cards i considered to put into my envelope but decided against using them in the end. As they wouldn't fit the new envelope design i had decided on.

No comments:

Post a Comment