Friday 1 October 2010

Alphabet Soup Scetch book work




ADD IMAGE
This is my initial starting point where i started to look at the word inflate and what other meanings it had so i could play around with other words like "exaggarate" and "expand". After careful consideration i decided on Baskerville as my type face as it was a thin type face with serifs. I especially liked the shape of the g.



These are some initial experiments i did to try and find out which letter i wanted to settle on and after careful consideration i decided on the g as it had the characteristics i was looking for and fitted well with my word inflate.


These are some of my final ideas which i will take further to produce for the crit, they both play around the point of exaggerating the space inside of the g and around it to enlarge the letter.


No comments:

Post a Comment