Monday 3 December 2012

Cheap Thrills Concept

For the cheap thrills logo, I didnt want to do anything too outragious, the current market with record labels within that sector of the music industry is very much bold sans serif letters, very much plain and simple. for example:

boyz noise records

bad taste records

hyper colour records

So I didnt want Cheap Thrills to fall out too far within its industry. I plan on using the word "thrills" as my main focus and starting point for making the logo, the definition for thrills from the dictionary is as follows:


I plan on focussing on the "vibrate, tremble and quiver" area of it. Without making the logo too illustrative. 

Processes:

Scanner - Yes, this has been done to death, absolutely to death. BUT its an ideal way to break up an existing typeface and get the unexpected random trembles and vibrations within a letterform without moving too far away from the original. 

Screen Print:

Colours - Screen print with give me the vibrant colour range I want to connote emotion and intensity. 

Laser Cut:

Always a nice extra and allows me to think in more then one layer, this can give my project that extra bit of edge. 

No comments:

Post a Comment